Want a part time Job whilst at College or Uni?
Want to earn money as you learn skills and gain qualifications?
If so, you may want to consider a job in the leisure industry!
While the leisure industry may not have been an area that you had considered before, the advantages are endless.
Gov.uk May 2015 - In England, most people are overweight or obese. This includes 61.9% of adults and 28% of children aged between 2 and 15. People who are overweight have a higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes, heart disease and certain cancers. Excess weight can also make it more difficult for people to find and keep work, and it can affect self-esteem and mental health.
Health problems associated with being overweight or obese cost the NHS more than £5 billion every year.
By 2020, we want to see:
- a downward trend in the level of excess weight in adults
- a sustained downward trend in the level of excess weight in children
In May 2017 it was announced that gym and health club memberships had reached a record high. Awareness about personal health, fitness and wellness seems to be ever increasing. The government changes such as:
- giving people advice on a healthy diet and physical activity through their Change4Life programme
- improving labelling on food and drink to help people make healthy choices – they developed a consistent front of pack labelling system that makes it clear what is in food and drink
- encouraging businesses on the high street to include calorie information on their menus so that people can make healthy choices
- giving people guidance on how much physical activity they should be doing
This surge in the sector have presented endless job and apprenticeships opportunities in areas such as Swimming Teaching, Lifeguarding, Personal Training, Leisure Operational assistant and Operational Management roles.
Leisure will offer you an opportunity to gain skills that can be transferred from job to job however it can also be a demanding environment that will offer you challenges as you juggle your required duties with the expectations of the public.
If you are a hard-working and dedicated person, with a real skill for working with people, then the leisure industry could be the perfect place for you! There are always employment opportunities within this industry plus the qualifications Swim UK offer from the RLSS and Active IQ are instantly recognisable in the industry.
The Opportunities are endless in Leisure!