- Progression to Personal Trainer – Being a personal trainer is hands-down, one of the most rewarding careers out there. Not only are you a source of inspiration to your clients, but you’re also able to help people reach their fitness goals. In the role, you will create customized fitness plans that are tailored to your clients’ current level of fitness and goals.
- Lifestyle and Fitness Coach – This role often appeals to individuals who want to do more than train their clients in the gym. Being a fitness and lifestyle coach is ideal for those who want to set themselves apart from other personal trainers. The personal training market is very competitive so having the right credentials, lets you offer more to your clients, making you and your services more appealing.
- Aqua Instructor (Fitness) - There is an ever-emerging synergy between becoming both a Fitness Instructor and a Swimming Teacher. Over the last 5 years the development of open water swimming, Triathlons and Personal Training in the swimming pool has become a very lucrative market. These specialist individuals will spend time with clients and give them the knowledge and practical skills required to plan, and deliver safe and effective water-based exercise sessions. These can be taught via 1:1 lessons or group style aqua aerobics sessions, all using the water as a resistance for a brilliant all body workout.
- Group Instructor – If you choose to work as a group fitness instructor, you will be responsible for leading groups through different choreographed exercise classes. This job is perfect for someone who enjoys guiding people through the fundamentals of physical fitness.
- Yoga Instructor - Similar to being a group fitness instructor, a Yoga instructor educates small-to-medium groups of people through physical activity. The biggest difference between the two positions is that yoga focuses more on breathing exercises, posture, balance activities, and meditation. Yoga is a more relaxed type of activity compared to group fitness classes that tend to be more high energy.
Regardless of which path you choose, know that having a Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer qualification is much more than telling clients they need to exercise regularly. It’s about helping your clients become the best they can be — inside and out.