The world is changing rapidly to say the least. The concept of improving wellness is something that won’t ever lose popularity, but that doesn’t mean the industry isn’t changing. In order to be successful in any industry in 2018, it is absolutely essential to be aware that things are going to be a lot different a few years down the line. The fitness industry is constantly coming out with programs to improve wellness in new and innovative ways. Here are five fitness trends for 2018:
- Brain Training – In 2018, there seems to be increasing popularity in wanting to boost brain performance through exercise. Trainers are introducing programs that are specifically designed to enhance focus and memory. “Well-controlled experiments in children, adults and the elderly show that the brain structure grows as people get fitter” – The Guardian. There is even talks of being able to monitor cognitive function through fitness trackers – impressive right?
- Fitness is more of a lifestyle in 2018 than ever before – “Working out” is fast becoming a big part of a mainstream way of life. Gyms are making a wide range of classes accessible to more people than ever before. For example, Instagram is ram-packed with fitness inspiration (#fitspo); because of social media, working out is now seen as more of a social activity and an act of taking care of oneself. Social media has had a massive impact on a lot of industries, but it’s safe to say that the reputation of the fitness industry has only become more positive. 2018 is seeing this inspirational fitness mindset become a lot deeper than ever before!
- Community – Training as a group is very much a growing popularity as more and more personal trainers open up their business to offer group workouts. “Training with others is a proven way to ensure you’re likely to stay accountable” – The Daily Mail. The camaraderie of taking part in a group work out can help us to work harder, push ourselves beyond what is expected and ultimately enjoy ourselves a lot more two.
- The world is turning digital and taking the fitness industry with it – More than ever before, 2018 is filling fast with online, interactive fitness classes. It is safe to say that a lot of people don’t have the time to go to the gym… Therefore, people are starting think that there is no need to physically go to the gym, when you can just tune into any fitness class you like from the comfort of your own home. Leading fitness organizations such as Fitness First, now stream their amazing workouts so they are available to the public anytime and anywhere.
- Wearable Tech – Garmin, Apple watch, Fitbit or any form of wearable tech was rated the top trend for fitness in 2017. They are in fact, a revolutionary piece of technology that has definitely had the biggest impact on the fitness industry as a whole. In 2018, people can see their progress and set goals by just pressing their watch. “You can’t open a fitness magazine without seeing a Fitbit, or Garmin” – The Daily Mail