Are you considering becoming a Fitness Instructor? Great stuff! But you’re probably wondering what it is actually like being a Fitness Instructor and whether or not you’ll actually enjoy it. We have devised five main reasons as to why you will love working in fitness… Enjoy!
- Be your own boss – Being a Fitness Instructor will give you the opportunity to work your own flexible hours. How does that sound? There are many different ways that you can do this… You might want to set up your own service further down the line or you might want to go into employment with a company that you admire. It’s quite liberating knowing how many ways there are to get into fitness, the world truly is your oyster.
- Fitness is an ever-growing industry – Health and wellbeing are becoming a more and more important part of people’s lives now more than ever. This means that there has never been a greater demand for Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers. Why not get the training you need to take advantage of a massively trending industry? FACT: By 2020 it’s predicted the number working UK wide in sport and culture will have risen to 611,000.
- Lots of perks – There are many added benefits to working in fitness. Being a staff member of a gym, it is likely that you will have access to the general facilities. You may even receive discounts through your employer. Of course, if you’re working as a freelancer, you are able to set your own schedule and work whenever suits you. Also, you’ll be working closely with many of your clients – and could potentially make some good friends through your role.
- Extremely rewarding – Becoming a Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer is known as one of the most rewarding careers purely because you are giving people the motivation to better themselves and their health and wellbeing. Working in the fitness industry gives you the opportunity to encourage and guide people as they spend some precious time doing something positive for themselves.
- Career opportunities are endless– The continued rise in people who are overweight has caused the fitness industry to skyrocket. FACT: 24.9% of British adults are “obese”, whilst 62% of adults are classed as “overweight”. This means that fitness professionals who can help clients reduce their weight and reach their goals safely and efficiently are currently and will continue to be in high demand.