What is an Advanced Learner Loan?
An Advanced Learner Loan can be taken out to cover the cost of course fees for Level 3 or Level 4 courses. This gives candidates the option to pay for the course upfront in a manageable way; however there are other options available too such as using savings or an alternative loan. If you are looking to take out an Advanced Learner Loan then please note that you do not have to borrow the full amount for the course, however the amount must be over £300 to qualify.
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible to apply for a Advanced Learning Loan you must meet the following criteria:
• Be aged 19 or over at the start of the course.
• Be resident in the UK.
• Starting a course that is Level 3 or Level 4.
Who is responsible for the Advanced Learner Loan?
The Advanced Learner Loan is processed through Student Finance England and is the responsibility of the individual, not Swim UK.
What courses can I do at Swim UK using an Advanced Learner Loan?
• Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training - £1399.00 (must hold a suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing).
How do I apply for an Advanced Learner Loan?
If this is something that you are interested in the please contact us on 01273 434400 opt 2 to discuss this further. Swim UK will then invite you in for an information/sign up session to provide you with all of the information you need and to apply for the loan.
What happens once I have taken out an Advanced Learner Loan?
Once you have applied for an Advanced Learning Loan then you will receive a confirmation letter through to explain that your loan has been accepted. The loan will then be paid directly to your college or training provider and is used to pay the course fees for the course that you have applied for.
How will the Advanced Learner Loan affect me?
• The loan amount will not need to be repaid until you are earning more than £21,000 a year.
• The repayments are linked to the amount that you are earning and not the amount that you borrow.
• Repayments will be taken directly from your wages.
• The Advanced Learning Loan will not affect your credit rating.
For further information regarding the Advanced Learning Loan and process please visit: http://www.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans
Also take a look at this video showing candidates that have benefited from taking out an Advanced Learner Loan.